Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Greetings from Jaca, Spain











Temperature:
In the Pyrennes - 70 degrees with a light breeze (beautiful)
Mood: Happy to be among friends.
Hello all,
Well, I guess this will be last post for my el camino de santiago blog.
Funny its not how I thought it would turn out. I thought my last post would be upon my arrival to Santiago de Compostela. But, I guess that will have to wait until next year. Life, as it turns out, cannot always be planned. Just lived. And, of course, enjoyed!
As you can see, from the photos, I am happily staying here in Jaca, Spain with my friend Susana. Susana, the girl in the blue t-shirt, is a wonderful woman. I met her in Madrid when I worked as an English teacher and she worked as the administrator of the language academy.
Now she owns her own restaurant. Always a dream for her! She is an incredible chef. She has a restaurant called "Gaston" and her menu is to die for.
I am spending the week with Susana, her niece Virginia, the pretty girl in the purple t-shirt, as well as Chus, Susana´s dear friend (the blond). The four of us spend our days hanging out in the restaurant, taking walks around Jaca and just talking about life.
Its great. Especially now that I´m recovering from bronchitis, to just chill out and take it easy.
I´ll be leaving for Madrid on Sunday. Then I´ll spend a few days there visiting some other friends and then off to San Francisco on Thursday, August 7th.
Thank you all for your lovely emails. Keep them coming! I´ll still be in touch. And thank you all for your interest in my trip through the camino. I will be returning next year. And of course I will have another blog to share with all of you.
Lots of love,
Andrea